Great Deals on Flipkart

Yummly

Yum

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Beef Biriyani

Many years back I tasted the Beef biriyani from one of my friend... He was muslim and his mom cooked absolutely out of the world Beef biriyani...My friend was little apprehensive before offering me the Beef biriyani but I became a Beef lover after tasting that... 

So finally, I thought of taking this test and bought some beef to cook at home. I forgot when was the last time I was this nervous before cooking. I decided to make some whiskey steak (thanks to TLC) and Beef Biriyani (thanks to my madness for cooking)... So finally last night I did it and well, it was exceptionally yummie... I was pretty impressed with myself (considering the fact that I am my worst critic) .... This was my first time and I can modestly say that mine was not bad :) ...  So, here is the recipe for Beef Biriyani.... 



Ingredients-


  • 250 gms Basmati rice
  • 300 gms Beef cut in small pieces
  • 2 Tsp whole Garam Masala
  • 2 Onions chopped
  • 4 Tsp Biriyani masala (fried n dried nutmeg, mace, saffron, clove, cinnamon, cardamom powder)
  • 3 Tsp Keora water
  • 2-3 Tsp Ghee
  • 2-3 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
  • 2 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste
  • Pinch of yellow food color
  • Salt according to taste

Method-

  • Mix the yogurt, Ginger garlic paste, 1 Tsp Garam masala, 2 Tsp Lemon juice, chopped onion and salt in a bowl.
  • Mix the biriyani masala in it and mix well.
  • Wash the beef pieces and marinate with the mix.
  • Marinate it for 4-5 hours at least. The longer the better.

  • Wash the rice.
  • Cook it with little bit of salt and lemon juice.
  • When the rice is cooked 60-70% drain the water and dry it up.
  • Keep it aside and let it cool down.

  • Take a pressure cooker and heat some ghee in it.
  • Pour the meat and yogurt mixture in it.
  • Pour some water if required.
  • Cover it and cook it for 1-1hr 15 minutes till the meat is tender and mushy.
  • Keep it aside.

  • Take a deep microwave safe casserole.
  • Heat some ghee and remaining 1Tsp Garam masala in it for 2 minutes.
  • Put the rice and cooked meat in layers.
  • Mix the yellow food color and keora water in it.
  • Cover the bowl.
  • Put it in the microwave for 12-15 minutes in 60% power.
  • Mix the rice and meat well before serving.
  • Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment